Title 40: Protection of Environment
CHAPTER I: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY (CONTINUED)
SUBCHAPTER C: AIR PROGRAMS (CONTINUED)
PART 63: NATIONAL EMISSION STANDARDS FOR HAZARDOUS AIR POLLUTANTS FOR SOURCE CATEGORIES
Subpart LLL: National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants From the Portland Cement Manufacturing Industry
: Notification, Reporting and Recordkeeping
63.1354 - Reporting requirements.
(a) The reporting provisions of subpart A of this part that apply and those that do not apply to owners or operators of affected sources subject to this subpart are listed in Table 1 of this subpart. If any State requires a report that contains all of the information required in a report listed in this section, the owner or operator may send the Administrator a copy of the report sent to the State to satisfy the requirements of this section for that report.
(b) The owner or operator of an affected source shall comply with the reporting requirements specified in ? 63.10 of the general provisions of this part 63, subpart A as follows:
(1) As required by ? 63.10(d)(2), the owner or operator shall report the results of performance tests as part of the notification of compliance status.
(2) As required by ? 63.10(d)(3), the owner or operator of an affected source shall report the opacity results from tests required by ? 63.1349.
(3) As required by ? 63.10(d)(4), the owner or operator of an affected source who is required to submit progress reports as a condition of receiving an extension of compliance under ? 63.6(i) shall submit such reports by the dates specified in the written extension of compliance.
(4) As required by ? 63.10(d)(5), if actions taken by an owner or operator during a startup, shutdown, or malfunction of an affected source (including actions taken to correct a malfunction) are consistent with the procedures specified in the source's startup, shutdown, and malfunction plan specified in ? 63.6(e)(3), the owner or operator shall state such information in a semiannual report. Reports shall only be required if a startup, shutdown, or malfunction occurred during the reporting period. The startup, shutdown, and malfunction report may be submitted simultaneously with the excess emissions and continuous monitoring system performance reports; and
(5) Any time an action taken by an owner or operator during a startup, shutdown, or malfunction (including actions taken to correct a malfunction) is not consistent with the procedures in the startup, shutdown, and malfunction plan, the owner or operator shall make an immediate report of the actions taken for that event within 2 working days, by telephone call or facsimile (FAX) transmission. The immediate report shall be followed by a letter, certified by the owner or operator or other responsible official, explaining the circumstances of the event, the reasons for not following the startup, shutdown, and malfunction plan, and whether any excess emissions and/or parameter monitoring exceedances are believed to have occurred.
(6) As required by ? 63.10(e)(2), the owner or operator shall submit a written report of the results of the performance evaluation for the continuous monitoring system required by ? 63.8(e). The owner or operator shall submit the report simultaneously with the results of the performance test.
(7) As required by ? 63.10(e)(2), the owner or operator of an affected source using a continuous opacity monitoring system to determine opacity compliance during any performance test required under ? 63.7 and described in ? 63.6(d)(6) shall report the results of the continuous opacity monitoring system performance evaluation conducted under ? 63.8(e).
(8) As required by ? 63.10(e)(3), the owner or operator of an affected source equipped with a continuous emission monitor shall submit an excess emissions and continuous monitoring system performance report for any event when the continuous monitoring system data indicate the source is not in compliance with the applicable emission limitation or operating parameter limit.
(9) The owner or operator shall submit a summary report semiannually which contains the information specified in ? 63.10(e)(3)(vi). In addition, the summary report shall include:
(i) All exceedences of maximum control device inlet gas temperature limits specified in ? 63.1344(a) and (b);
(ii) All failures to calibrate thermocouples and other temperature sensors as required under ? 63.1350(f)(7) of this subpart; and
(iii) All failures to maintain the activated carbon injection rate, and the activated carbon injection carrier gas flow rate or pressure drop, as applicable, as required under ? 63.1344(c).
(iv) The results of any combustion system component inspections conducted within the reporting period as required under ? 63.1350(i).
(v) All failures to comply with any provision of the operation and maintenance plan developed in accordance with ? 63.1350(a).
(10) If the total continuous monitoring system downtime for any CEM or any continuous monitoring system (CMS) for the reporting period is ten percent or greater of the total operating time for the reporting period, the owner or operator shall submit an excess emissions and continuous monitoring system performance report along with the summary report.