Title 7: Agriculture
Subtitle B: Regulations of the Department of Agriculture (Continued)
CHAPTER XXXV: RURAL HOUSING SERVICE, DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
PART 3575: GENERAL
Subpart A: Community Programs Guaranteed Loans
3575.63 - Conditions precedent to issuance of the Loan Note Guarantee.
The Loan Note Guarantee will not be issued until:
(a) The lender certifies that:
(1) No changes have been made in the lender's loan conditions and requirements since the issuance of the Conditional Commitment for Guarantee except those approved in the interim by the Agency in writing.
(2) All planned property acquisition has been completed and all development has been substantially completed in accordance with plans, specifications, and applicable building codes. No costs have exceeded the amounts approved by the lender and the Agency.
(3) Required insurance is in effect.
(4) All equal opportunity and Fair Housing Plan requirements have been met.
(5) The loan has been properly closed and the required security instruments have been obtained on any after-acquired property that cannot be covered initially under State statutory provisions.
(6) The borrower has marketable title to the collateral then owned by the borrower, subject to the instrument securing the loan to be guaranteed and subject to any other exceptions approved, in writing, by the Agency.
(7) When required, the entire amount of the loan for working capital has been disbursed except in cases where the Agency has approved disbursement over an extended time.
(8) All other requirements of the Conditional Commitment for Guarantee have been met.
(9) Lien priorities are consistent with requirements of the Conditional Commitment for Guarantee.
(10) The loan proceeds have been disbursed for purposes and in amounts consistent with the Conditional Commitment for Guarantee and as specified on the application for the guaranteed loan. A copy of a detailed statement by the lender detailing the use of loan funds will be attached to support this certification.
(11) There has been no substantive adverse change in the borrower's financial condition nor any other adverse change in the borrower during the period of time from the Agency's issuance of the Conditional Commitment for Guarantee to issuance of the Loan Note Guarantee. The lender's certification must address all adverse changes of the borrower and the guarantors. For purposes of this paragraph, the term borrower includes any parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the borrower.
(12) All Federal, State, and local design and construction requirements have been met.
(13) The lender understands and will meet the requirements of the Debt Collection Act (chapter 37 of title 31 of the United States Code).
(14) The lender would not make the loan without an Agency guarantee.
(b) The lender has executed and delivered the Lender's Agreement and closing report for the guaranteed loan along with the appropriate guarantee fee.
(c) The lender has advised the Agency of plans to sell or assign any part of the loan as provided in the Lender's Agreement.
(d) Where applicable, the lender must certify that the borrower has obtained:
(1) A legal opinion relative to the title to rights-of-way and easements. Lenders are responsible for ensuring that borrowers have obtained valid, continuous, and adequate rights-of-way and easements needed for the construction, operation, and maintenance of a facility.
(2) A title opinion or title insurance showing ownership of the land and all mortgages or other lien defects, restrictions, or encumbrances, if any. It is the responsibility of the lender to ensure that the borrower has obtained and recorded such releases, consents, or subordinations to such property rights from holders of outstanding liens or other instruments as may be necessary for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the facility and to provide the required security. For example, when a site is for major structures for utility-type facilities (such as a gas distribution system) and the lender and borrower are able to obtain only a right-of-way or easement on such a site rather than a fee simple title, such a title opinion must be requested.
(e) For loans exceeding $150,000, the lender has certified its compliance with the Anti-Lobby Act (18 U.S.C. 1913). Also, if any funds have been, or will be, paid to any person for influencing or attempting to influence an officer or employee of any agency, a Member of Congress, an officer or employee of Congress, or an employee of a Member of Congress in connection with this commitment providing for the United States to guarantee a loan, the lender shall completely disclose such lobbying activities in accordance with 31 U.S.C. 1352.
(f) If the Loan Note Guarantee cannot be issued before the Conditional Commitment expires, the lender must submit a written request for an extension of the expiration date. The lender must document and certify to paragraph (a)(1) and (a)(11) of this section specifically identifying any modifications.
(g) Coincident with, or immediately after, loan closing, the lender will contact the Agency and provide those documents and certifications required in this section. For loans to public bodies, lenders may require an opinion from recognized bond counsel regarding the adequacy of the preparation and issuance of the debt instruments. Only when the Agency is satisfied that all conditions for the guarantee have been met will the Loan Note Guarantee be executed.
This document cites
- U.S. Code - Title 18: Crimes and Criminal Procedure - 18 USC 1913 - Sec. 1913. Lobbying with appropriated moneys
- US Code - Title 31: Money and Finance - 31 USC 1352 - Sec. 1352. Limitation on use of appropriated funds to influence certain Federal contracting and financial transactions
See other documents that cite the same legislation