Title 33: Navigation and Navigable Waters
CHAPTER I: COAST GUARD, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
SUBCHAPTER G: REGATTAS AND MARINE PARADES
PART 100: SAFETY OF LIFE ON NAVIGABLE WATERS
100.506 - Fireworks Displays, Chester River, Kent Island Narrows, Maryland.
(1) Regulated Area. The regulated area is defined as the waters of the Chester River enclosed within the arc of a circle with a radius of 150 yards and with its center located at latitude 38?58?36? N, longitude 076?14?18? W. All coordinates reference Datum NAD 1983.
(2) Coast Guard Patrol Commander. The Coast Guard Patrol Commander is a commissioned, warrant, or petty officer of the Coast Guard who has been designated by the Commander, Coast Guard Activities Baltimore.
(3) Official Patrol. The Official Patrol is any vessel assigned or approved by Commander, Coast Guard Activities Baltimore with a commissioned, warrant, or petty officer on board and displaying a Coast Guard ensign.
(b) Special Local Regulations:
(1) Except for persons or vessels authorized by the Coast Guard Patrol Commander, no person or vessel may enter or remain in the regulated area.
(2) The operator of any vessel in this area shall:
(i) Stop the vessel immediately when directed to do so by any official patrol.
(ii) Proceed as directed by any official patrol.
(c) Effective Dates: This section is effective annually from 8:30 p.m. on July 4 until 9:30 p.m. on July 5 and from 8:30 p.m. on the first Sunday in September until 9:30 p.m. on the following day.
(d) Enforcement Times: It is expected that this section will be enforced annually from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on July 4 and on the first Sunday in September. However, if the event is postponed due to inclement weather, then this section will be enforced the next day. Notice of the enforcement time will be given via Marine Safety Radio Broadcast on VHF-FM marine band radio, Channel 22 (157.1 MHz).
[CGD05-00-044, 66 FR 41138, Aug. 7, 2001]