Title 42: Public Health
CHAPTER IV: CENTERS FOR MEDICARE & MEDICAID SERVICES, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (CONTINUED)
SUBCHAPTER C: MEDICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
PART 431: STATE ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
Subpart E: Fair Hearings for Applicants and Recipients
: General Provisions
431.206 - Informing applicants and recipients.
(a) The agency must issue and publicize its hearing procedures.
(b) The agency must, at the time specified in paragraph (c) of this section, inform every applicant or recipient in writing?
(1) Of his right to a hearing;
(2) Of the method by which he may obtain a hearing; and
(3) That he may represent himself or use legal counsel, a relative, a friend, or other spokesman.
(c) The agency must provide the information required in paragraph (b) of this section?(1) At the time that the individual applies for Medicaid;
(2) At the time of any action affecting his or her claim;
(3) At the time a skilled nursing facility or a nursing facility notifies a resident in accordance with ? 483.12 of this chapter that he or she is to be transferred or discharged; and
(4) At the time an individual receives an adverse determination by the State with regard to the preadmission screening and annual resident review requirements of section 1919(e)(7) of the Act.
[44 FR 17932, Mar. 29, 1979, as amended at 57 FR 56505, Nov. 30, 1992; 58 FR 25784, Apr. 28, 1993]