Title 14: Aeronautics and Space
CHAPTER III: COMMERCIAL SPACE TRANSPORTATION, FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER C: LICENSING
PART 420: LICENSE TO OPERATE A LAUNCH SITE
Subpart B: Criteria and Information Requirements for Obtaining a License
420.17 - Bases for issuance of a license.
(a) The FAA will issue a license under this part when the FAA determines that:
(1) The application provides the information required by ? 420.15;
(2) The FAA has completed an analysis of the environmental impacts associated with the proposed operation of the launch site, in accordance with NEPA, 40 CFR parts 1500-1508, and FAA Order 1050.1D;
(3) The launch site location meets the requirements of ?? 420.19, 420.21, 420.23, 420.25, 420.27, and 420.29;
(4) The applicant has completed the agreements required by ? 420.31;
(5) The application demonstrates that the applicant shall satisfy the requirements of ?? 420.53, 420.55, 420.57, 420.59, 420.61 and 420.71;
(6) The explosive site plan meets the criteria of ?? 420.63, 420.65, 420.67 and 420.69; and
(7) Issuing a license would not jeopardize foreign policy or national security interests of the United States.
(b) The FAA advises an applicant, in writing, of any issue arising during an application review that would lead to denial. The applicant may respond in writing, submit additional information, or amend its license application.