Title 44: Emergency Management and Assistance
CHAPTER I: FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
SUBCHAPTER A: GENERAL
PART 2: ORGANIZATION, FUNCTIONS, AND DELEGATIONS OF AUTHORITY
Subpart A: Organization, Functions, and Delegations of Authority
: Fema Offices
2.22 - Regional Offices.
(a) Mission. The Regional Offices implement FEMA's policies and programs at the regional level.
(b) Functions. The principal functions of the Regional Offices are:
(1) Liaison, within the regions, with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, voluntary and other private organizations, and the public;
(2) Recommendations to the Director on implementation of policy and improvement of the administration of FEMA's programs;
(3) Administration of Comprehensive Cooperative Agreements, grants, and other financial assistance to State and local governments;
(4) Response to disasters and emergencies declared under the Stafford Act, through Regional Response Teams;
(5) Recovery activities under the Stafford Act;
(6) Implementation of floodplain management aspects of the National Flood Insurance Program;
(7) Management of training and field exercises; and
(8) Technical assistance to Federal agencies, State and local governments, and voluntary and other private organizations regarding emergency response planning, preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery.
(c) Delegated authorities. In general, Regional Directors are authorized, within their respective regions, to exercise the duties and powers of the Administrators and Associate Directors as set forth in ?? 2.32 through 2.44. However, the authorities of the Earthquake Hazards Reduction Act of 1977, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 7701 et seq., are not delegated to Regional Directors (except for the authority of 42 U.S.C. 7704(b)(2)(A)(i), which is delegated). In addition, the authorities of the Federal Insurance Administrator as set forth in ? 2.31 are not delegated to the Regional Directors.
This document cites
- US Code - Title 42: The Public Health and Welfare - 42 USC 7704 - Sec. 7704. National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program
- US Code - Title 42: The Public Health and Welfare - 42 USC 7701 - Sec. 7701. Congressional findings
See other documents that cite the same legislation