Title 6: Domestic Security
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY
PART 13: PROGRAM FRAUD CIVIL REMEDIES
13.5 - Review by the Reviewing Official.
(a) If, based on the report of the Investigating Official under ? 13.4(b), the Reviewing Official determines that there is adequate evidence to believe that a Person is liable under ? 13.3, the Reviewing Official will transmit to the Attorney General a written notice of the Reviewing Official's intention to issue a Complaint under ? 13.7.
(b) Such notice will include:
(1) A Statement of the Reviewing Official's reasons for issuing a Complaint;
(2) A Statement specifying the evidence that supports the allegations of liability;
(3) A description of the Claims or Statements upon which the allegations of liability are based;
(4) An estimate of the amount of money or the value of property, services, or other Benefits requested or demanded in violation of ? 13.3;
(5) A Statement of any exculpatory or mitigating circumstances that may relate to the Claims or Statements known by the Reviewing Official or the Investigating Official; and
(6) A Statement that there is a reasonable prospect of collecting an appropriate amount of penalties and assessments.