Title 32: National Defense
Subtitle B: Other Regulations Relating to National Defense
CHAPTER XVIII: NATIONAL COUNTERINTELLIGENCE CENTER
PART 1801: PUBLIC RIGHTS UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974
Subpart A: General
1801.1 - Authority and purpose.
(a) Authority. This part is issued under the authority of and in order to implement the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a) and section 102 of the National Security Act of 1947, as amended (50 U.S.C. 403).
(b) Purpose in general. This part prescribes procedures for a requester, as defined herein:
(1) To request notification of whether the National Counterintellingence Center (NACIC) maintains a record concerning them in any non-exempt portion of a system of records or any non-exempt system of records;
(2) To request a copy of all non-exempt records or portions of records;
(3) To request that any such record be amended or augmented; and
(4) To file an administrative appeal to any initial adverse determination to deny access to or amend a record.
(c) Other purposes. This part also sets forth detailed limitations on how and to whom NACIC may disclose personal information and gives notice that certain actions by officers or employees of the United States Government or members of the public could constitute criminal offenses.
This document cites
- U.S. Code - Title 5: Government Organization and Employees - 5 USC 552 - Sec. 552. Public information; agency rules, opinions, orders, records, and proceedings
- US Code - Title 50: War and National Defense - 50 USC 403 - Sec. 403. Office of the Director of Central Intelligence
See other documents that cite the same legislation