Title 44: Emergency Management and Assistance
CHAPTER I: FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
SUBCHAPTER A: GENERAL
PART 1: RULEMAKING; POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Subpart A: General
1.8 - Regulations review.(a) As part of the semiannual agenda described in ? 1.7 of this part, FEMA will publish in the Federal Register and keep updated a plan for periodic review of existing rules at least within 10 years from date of publication of a rule as final. This includes those that have significant impact on a substantial number of small entities.
(b) The purpose of the review shall be to determine whether such rules should be continued without change, or should be amended or rescinded, consistent with the stated objectives of applicable statutes, including minimizing any significant economic impact of the rules upon a substantial number of small entities.
(c) In reviewing rules FEMA shall consider the following factors:
(1) The continued need for the rule;
(2) The nature, type and number of complaints or comments received concerning the rule from the public;
(3) The complexity of the rule, including need for review of language for clarity;
(4) The extent to which the rule overlaps, duplicates or conflicts with other Federal rules, and, to the extent feasible, with State and local governmental rules; and
(5) The length of time since the rule has been evaluated or the degree to which technology, economic conditions, or other factors have changed in the area affected by the rule.